Forget store bought potato chips dripping in fat, calories and artificial ingredients. Make your own spectacularly delicious oven-baked potato chips, seasoned with a hint of garlic, rosemary, olive oil and sea salt. A real treat. Lower in calories, healthier, and way better tasting.
You can switch this recipe up any way you like. Use white or sweet potatoes, and infuse with your favorite flavors. Choose from an infinite number of options such as finely grated cheese (e.g. Parmesan), herbs, spices (e.g. chili, paprika, onion and garlic powder with a touch a sugar if you life your BBQ-flavored chips), seasoning (e.g. Italian seasoning) and more.
Healthy homemade potato chips
PREP: COOK: TOTAL TIME:
This is easy recipe is a far healthier option than traditional fried potato chips. Enjoy, with a lot less guilt, one of the best snacks ever.
What You Need:
What to Do:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F .
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly, and slice them 1/16 inch thick with a mandoline.
- In a medium bowl combine the olive oil, rosemary and garlic.
- Place the potato slices into a bowl and toss to lightly coat.
- On baking sheet arrange slices in a single layer and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake in the center of the preheated oven for 12 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving.
- Serve with a dip of your choice.