Go green and swap your tortillas for collard greens. Unlike lettuce wraps they are massively sturdy and can handle a serious load. Rolled-up collard green wrap make for a healthy lunch or even a light dinner.
This gluten free, low-carb wrap is made with collard greens, instead of tortillas. Not only does it save you carbs and calories, but collard greens are rich in nutrients.
Collard greens are also a great source of soluble fiber, which isn’t just good for your gut, but helps make this wrap super satisfying.
Collard green wraps with chicken
PREP: COOK: TOTAL TIME:
Go green and swap your tortillas for collard greens. Rolled-up collard green wrap make for a healthy lunch or even a light dinner.
What You Need:
What to Do:
- Wash thoroughly collard leaves, slice off the stem and with a sharp knife, remove the thick part of the large vein.
- Cook the collard for 45 seconds in salty boiling water. Drain and rinse with cold running water to stop further cooking. Let it cool. Cut in half and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the olive oil, garlic, orange juice, honey and salt. Add in the red cabbage and gently toss.
- To assemble the rolls, take each collard wrap and place an even amount of the cooked chicken, red cabbage, carrot and cucumber and tightly roll as sushi.
- Serve immediately with sauce of your choice.